Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Travels

Well, tomorrow is the big day!  My Europe trip with Anna is now just hours away!  I fly on the 8th as far as Singapore and meet up with Rob for 24 hours.  This will be a whirlwind of shopping, beautiful meals in unique cafes and being spoiled with a gorgeous hotel stay! 
But then after a long haul flight to Manchester and a train ride to London, reality will strike when Anna, Gill and I check into the YHA London Central:
I don't know, it looks clean and that mattress looks comfie enough!  Regardless, it will be the start of many nights in hostels all over Western Europe.  My backpack is standing tall (and possibly too heavy), all packed and ready.  I hope and pray this pack and I are going to have a great relationship!!

I arrive just in time to celebrate my birthday with Anna and Gill at Jamie Oliver's London restaurant Barbecoa.  http://www.barbecoa.com/  It looks like it will be a beautiful treat.  I look forward to dining on a delicious dish while feasting my eyes on my daughter whom I have not seen for weeks - and the view outside this window of St Paul's Cathedral will be amazing as well!
The girls will have been in London for a couple of days already so they are in charge of putting together an itinerary for us.  We have tickets for  Les Miserables at Queens Theatre in London's West End, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZvM2xK85fw, and I would like to visit the Victoria and Albert Museum.  Check this out;  http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/ballgowns/ Ball Gowns, British Glamour since 1950's.  I will be sure to let you know just what we get up to!!

Stay tuned... 




No comments:

Post a Comment