Friday, June 15, 2012

Degas et le Nu

Paris...we loved it but not every minute. It felt a little daunting, sometimes scary, and we were always on our guard. We had a good time though! What a spectacular city- c'est magnifique! Highlights: the Eiffle Tower and it's summit and a city ablaze with lights; Musee d'Orsay and room after room of Impressionist, neo and post-impressionist paintings-a sight for sore eyes!; fresh chocolate filled crepes in Montmartre while listening to French folk music; time out relaxing by the fountain at Jardin des Tuileries; riding the metro after midnight; the view from Sacre Coeur and Montmartre. Half the time I felt like I was flying by the seat of my pants not knowing enough of the language. I suppose a good example of this is my purchase of tickets for the Degas et le Nu exhibition. I promised Gill she would see some of Degas' ballerinas. No ballerinas! Lots of other lovely ladies though! (It was still an amazing exhibition, just a bit unexpected- silly me)

No comments:

Post a Comment